Presenter: Mike Woolsey, CPHD – Business Development Manager for SWEGON & NAPHN Ambassador
This workshop will cover the following subjects:
- Decentralized DOAS Design: Dedicated Outside Air Systems Benefits and Components
- Ventilating the Passive House Project
- Passive House Ventilation: Humidity Considerations in Multifamily Residential Buildings
- Passive House Ventilation: Cooling with Ventilation Air
Each segment of the workshop will present a particular case study.
The workshop will conclude with a deep dive on some Passive House reference projects:
- A fire station
- A laboratory
- A car dealership
- A college dorm
- A multifamily project
1. Understand the basics of energy recovery air handlers
2. Recognize the value of energy recovery in Passive House ventilation
3. Explore the unique cooling opportunities and humidity control issues in Passive House projects
4. Gain awareness of trends in Passive House design through exploration of five case studies.
With very tight and well insulated structures, ventilation becomes an increasingly important element in both energy efficiency and Indoor Air Quality for the health and productivity of buildings’ occupants.
This course is approved by AIA for 6.0 LU |HSW Tickets: $99/person General Admission
$88/person VTPH Members
50% Tuition from BED available
PAY Credit Card Here